maanantai 13. tammikuuta 2014

Takato Yamamoto


Takato Yamamoto

Takato Yamamoto is Japanese artist born 1960. He studied in Tokyo Zokei University's painting department. After which he started to experiment with Ukyo-e Pop style, leading eventually to his own style Heisei Estheticism. During his career he has published a good number of art books and hold many exhibitions.


What caught my eye in this artist's works were the amazing detail. There is so much to look at in every of Yamamoto's pieces that you can spend a good while staring at just one. Also the serene, doll-like faces with dark and even macabre things surrounding them are a fascinating combination. And the style is just beautiful. Strongly amongst the themes often used by this artist is also the more.. sadistic sort of things. Haha. Ermm. That might be why I haven't come to posses any art books by this artist. I still might, but.. Anyway, have some pictures that I really do like.








~*~

As for other things!
Finally we have some snow here in Finland, was about time! I like snow a lot (the cold not so much if it's less than -9'C).
Also, I have spend the whole week watching Pushing Daisies (which was even better than I remembered and it's one of my favorite TV-series for sure) and am currently baking a pie inspired by the series. And I don't do pies, in fact I don't bake. So this is rather interesting, yup.


Oooh, and its 2014 now. When did that happen?

8 kommenttia:

  1. Lovely artwork, thanks for sharing! So much ribs and flowers.. :-D
    Finally the snow came to Norway too.

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. You are welcome! And yeah, how can ribs and flowers look so epic :,D.
      Oh, didn't have any there either? It was kinda lame not to have white snow for Christmas, but let's hope that the snow will stay now for few months :,).

      Poista
  2. Happy new year *is never too late for wishes even if i think is still 2008 :P*

    Yes i agree! Gorgeous work very detailed and unique! Omg you didnt had snow?! I mean USA had -50 and in Greece we have around noon 12 so i guess this world is coming to it's end :/ Also, i always had in mind to start the series and i did some days back. It's a lovely show :D

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Happy new year! Indeed, it's never too late! Oooh, 2008... well, wouldn't mind that!

      Yeah, we didn't! That was so wrong! Now tho it's nice and white outside~.
      Haha, it is lovely indeed! I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did ♥♥♥.

      Poista
  3. I am interested to hear about the pie! I have seen a few episodes of Pushing Daisies and really want to see more!

    VastaaPoista
    Vastaukset
    1. Ahhhahha, well, I'll post a pic of it on next post then! xDD
      Great to hear! It's such a shame that they couldn't make it a complete series! There has been talk about a Pushing Daisies movie and comic so that they could finish the story like they wanted to. I hope they will be able to do that! (The best would be if they could get moneys to do third season tho ♥.)

      Poista
  4. Vastaukset
    1. Niin on! Toiset ne osaa ihan liian hyvin ♥.

      Poista