sunnuntai 21. marraskuuta 2010

Colors To Face

Yeah, clever titles, who wants those anyway.

In the previous post I mentioned this one lipstick I bought, which was, oh, quite a disappointment...

There is the fiend.
I was thinking of nice and tramatic black, and why, sure if it costs just something around 3€, that would be a great deal. Or then not.
It didn't spread around prettily at all, almost not at all, to be exact. Hardly any pigment on it, with constitution of a hard chalk or something alike. I checked: it looks good only if you take glasses off (=don't see too well) and stirr your eyes in badly lit bathroom, while staying at least a half a meter away from the mirror. Nice, that's very practical.
Also, the smell/taste of it, perhaps trying to be licorice, ending up to be rather unpleasant and irritating.
Best thing to do to it? Propably to throw it away. Hmh, I wonder if there could be any way to make it work right..


But! Since I had camera in hand:

The group of lipsticks that I have at the moment. Woohoo?

Lancôme's bright red. (L'absolu Rouge, 134, under which is ME116, but I must say, I don't know if that's an important thing or not...)
Have you ever heard the talk about a perfect red? This might be a bit too cold and bright red for that.. But it's quite nice and, well, very bright. In occasional use, if the clothing coord commands. The brand has added some extra euros to the price (costs aournd... 20-30€? I didn't buy it, so I'm not so sure.). But nicely pigmented and good, uh, constitution. Stays on relatively well.

Avon Cosmetics, buttered rum.
A very dark red of sorts (darker than in the bad photo you see here). Sorry for the killed looks, my ability to coordinate my movements is notorious (yes, I walk at doors and door hinges and all that). This is one of my all-time favorites. It's very dramatic, stays on like a dream, richly pigmented and creamy (err, if that's the way to describe it). Avon makes some seriously good lipsticks, and with a price I happily pay for them (around 10€).

(I have no idea how some people can use these in few months, I mean, mine mostly run old before they run out >__>.)

Another one from Avon, dazzling coral.
First of all, see the cool way to open it: on the right is the black thing and the line: by pushing it up, the lid on top flips open and the lipstick with it's filter come out. Neat, could have almost bought it just for that.
The truth is that at the time I was trying to order one other color from completely different line (if the buttered rum is the best lipstick so far, that one is the second on the list, stays on through eating and the color is wonderful), but they sended me this.. We assumed that perhaps the old one was a seasonal thing, but why they ended up sending me something completely different.. I never got to know. We make our orders through my mother's kollega, who is one of Avon's sales persons aside the other job, and I didn't want to make a fuss. And since this one was usable, I decided just to keep it (cool thing as it was and all).
A rather natural looking color, makes skin look more pale, always a nice thing. Stays on relatively well, feels nice.

Lumene: Wild Rose Lip Gloss, 11.
As sticky as a lip gloss can be. On my eyes it ends up looking almost the same as Avon's dazzling coral above. Just redder. Sticky thing, you use brush to put it on. No, I didn't buy this one by myself either, but it's kind of nice. And doesn't cost too much, I assume, but don't really know.

Eucerin's lip balm.
Colorless and useful thing as the winter comes (and since I might have a bad habit of biting my lips when nervous, exams, you see). Also, think about red lipped kodona; that would be quite weird, wouldn't it. If there must be something, it might better be colorless.. or black (mm, very dramatic malestyles, I'll do that one day), but, ha, not the black with L on it's tube.

~*~

As for other things...

I visited [Tampere Vintage] today with my mother. As the name tells, it was all about vintage stuff. And there was pretty much of it, what can I tell. I greatly disliked the brown colors that manifested in many forms on the items on sale (because the items were nice, but I can't use them myself, since they are brown), but loved just as greatly how there was lots of hats and hat-kind-of-things. That's somehting that would be nice to have more in the streetfashion today: more pretty hats on ladies -and gentlemen as well. Less shell suits and more glamour! Haha.
Mm, over all, I must agree with my mother: the best thing was the people who were dedicated to their lifestyle/hobby and wore cool clothes fitting the athmostphere.
(I was supposed to mention Vintage Tampere here before it was over so that any of you who didn't know about it might have had an opportunity to come, but it slipped my mind every time I was on com. Sorry ;__;!)

No pics, I was cameraless. Next time I'll remember. Or try to.

~*~

Oh, and just in case you are in need of some gothic colored candles, and happen to have a supermarket named Prisma around, it just might be worth a visit.
About 10cm tall candles from Bolsius come in three colors: dark red, dark violet and black. The price was a bit under 3€.

Here is a pic, which is, khmm, taken with a flash, and lie a bit. They are darker and the both of them are mat, not shiny surfaced.


Yes, the pic does lie a bit more than just a bit. Their color is much prettier. But now, if you got a sudden urge to get them, you know what kind of packing they come in.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti